I've moved!

I'm still writing; you just won't find me here any longer. If you want to keep reading my writing, head over to mollyflinkman.com. I'll keep a cup of coffee warm for you.

Saturday, March 5, 2011

procrastinate.

word of the day: procrastinate \prə-ˈkras-tə-ˌnāt, prō-\ to put off intentionally the doing of something that should be done 

Today's word was chosen because these are currently staring me in the face:
 My 9th graders turned in their research papers on Thursday and Friday, so now I have 150 world problems to read up on.  I even bought new pens for the occasion.  It's hard to start though because then I can't stop until they are all done.  So for now, I'm going to tell you that I went to a baby shower today.
I bet that wasn't the picture you were expecting to follow the phrase, "I went to a baby shower today," huh?  It's actually the only picture I took from the day because it was one of the funniest things I have ever seen.  Funniest/creepiest.  The game is that if your ice cube baby melts first, you win.  

I thought putting mine next to the burning candle was a surefire win.  Then Sarah chewed hers up and put my candle idea to shame.  Darn it all. 

I got some new jewelry in the mail today.  This was especially exciting because when I got dressed this afternoon (yes, this afternoon), I thought to myself, "Those new earrings I ordered would look really great with this outfit." 
 You can't see the outfit (or the earrings for that matter), but I was right.  

Have you ever noticed that on Wheel of Fortune the wheel inevitably favors one of the contestants?  Someone generally gets all the luck, someone else wins at least one puzzle, and someone else spins "Lose a Turn" every single time.  In case you didn't know, I'm really good at Wheel of Fortune.  
For instance, I just guessed the puzzle "Largemouth Bass" with the following letters:

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
_ _ S S

It literally happened while I was typing.  Scout's honor.

All right, well the stream of consciousness is running out and the research papers are beckoning.  And by beckoning, I mean staring at me uncomfortably. 

But, before I get to productivity, you should know that I got the Final Puzzle tonight.  Unfortunately Sam couldn't hear me yelling through the screen, or he would have gotten it too.

_ R _ I N
_ _ _ E S

Brain waves.  No big deal.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your fellow procrastinators Kelly and Jackie are at Smokey Row attempting to study! However, talking about life is just that more appealing and seems WAY more important than studying ophthalmology! You are not alone Molly! xoxo from Smokey Row!