I've moved!

I'm still writing; you just won't find me here any longer. If you want to keep reading my writing, head over to mollyflinkman.com. I'll keep a cup of coffee warm for you.

Monday, February 28, 2011

celebrity.

word of the day: celebrity \sə-ˈle-brə-tē\ the state of being celebrated : fame

I'm a sucker for award shows.  Seriously.  Give me a red carpet, fancy dresses, and overdone acceptance speeches and I'll be entertained for the duration of the show. 

Well apparently I'm not the only one.  And apparently, when you turn the Oscars into a bracket style event, people get pretty into it.  The only rule for attending?  You have to bring an item of food that has something to do with a nominee.  

And let me tell you, people have got style.
 These cookies had Snickers baked in the center.  Hence the 'treat within a treat'.
 Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture of 'Mr. Tortilla Head.'  Chipotle Quesedillas with Guacamole eyes and a sour cream smile.
 Jake's first attempt at smoking buffalo wings.  He's yet to smoke something that isn't super delicious. 
 The only thing that's missing here is a picture of the ice cream 'Coens'.

And of course, the night's winner for most creative food item:
Perfect.  

Oh and there was a red carpet.  And paparazzi.  Because it's not the Oscars without either of those things.

Quite frankly, I don't think any of us really cared about the celebrities themselves.  Every now and then I think you just need to celebrate something.  For me it was the fact the Melissa Leo beat out Hailee Steinfield for Best Supporting Actress and that I randomly picked the winner of the Best Documentary Feature.  But either way, I think life needs a little celebrating every once in awhile regardless of how it will affect you at 5:30 the next morning. 

So here's to celebrating the little things this week and for enjoying them with the people around you.

 Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some things to attend to...

1 comment:

Heather said...

that is a totally awesome idea!!! i love it!