I've moved!

I'm still writing; you just won't find me here any longer. If you want to keep reading my writing, head over to mollyflinkman.com. I'll keep a cup of coffee warm for you.

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

ado.

word of the day: ado; heighten fuss or concern--to do
...and there live we as merry as the day is long.
-William Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing

I love a good to-do list. Actually, I'm not sure if it's the to-do list itself or the act of checking things off my to-do list that I find more satisfaction in. Either way, when you combine the list with my love of post-it notes, you've got one very happy, slightly anal-retentive girl on your hands.

This, for example, is the to-do list I made right before I left school yesterday:

When you're a teacher, things are constantly being added to the to-do list. In fact, I have taken to carrying around post-it notes with me because if I rely on memory alone, something is bound to be forgotten. I made this particular to-list in anticipation of the possibility of a snow day today.


Possibility turned reality thanks to the Blizzard of '11. And by blizzard, I mean that when I look outside, not a branch is blowing in the wind.

But I'll take it, because here it is nearing 11:00 a.m. and I'm still sitting on the couch sipping tepid coffee with my feet wrapped in a blanket.


I made a new to-do list this morning when I woke up.

First order of business?

Jake was home with me until 10 this morning, and his snow day request was some coffee cake. Why not add it to the lazy morning list?
Check. While the smell of cinnamon and butterscotch pudding permeated from my oven, I situated myself on the couch for one of my favorite things to do with a cup of coffee in hand.
That takes me until now. The house is quiet and Ginny is on her perch by the window. The television is off and I think it's going to stay that way for the remainder of the day. The snow is a smooth blanket on the ground outside and I am content to laze about the day from the warmth of my house inside.

It is all much ado about nothing and I am merry as the day is long. Except for that one piece of the to-do list that will nag me all day long...

It can wait... :)

1 comment:

Paish said...

Molly, love this post. Super creative with the post-its and it's SO YOU! Miss you friend.