I've moved!

I'm still writing; you just won't find me here any longer. If you want to keep reading my writing, head over to mollyflinkman.com. I'll keep a cup of coffee warm for you.

Thursday, February 17, 2011

sans.

word of the day: sans \ˈsanz\ without

I left my house this morning sans socks.

Sans socks, people.

I particularly enjoy the word sans and try to replace it for 'without' whenever possible.
I'll have that latte sans whipped cream.

Please turn in your papers sans errors.

During worktime, my classroom is sans sound (it's actually not).
Perhaps most frequently I have been sans ideas for blog posts.

Actually, that's not entirely correct. I think the problem has been that I have too much to say and am unable to figure out how to say it. I suppose you could say that I'm sans focus.

Do you ever have a strong feeling that God is trying to teach you something? Lately everything I read, listen to, and/or discuss contains very similar themes. It's like God has me on the cusp of something and I'm not quite sure yet where he's taking me. So, because I'm sans focus, the thoughts keep spinning around in my head and all I can do is pray they soon fit into an order.

Which I know they will.

Another thing I know is that God wants me to live sans distraction which is a discipline I don't practice very consistently. It's hard to abide with God when I'm Facebook stalking while watching television. It's hard to listen when there's constant noise. In fact, when I think about it, it's hard to listen when there isn't noise because I'm not used to the silence.

Sans distraction doesn't come as easily as sans socks.

But it does come with greater rewards. And I'll take that any day.

On a semi-related note, I stumbled across this video (click here) the other day while trying to figure out whatever it is that God wants me to know. Can you tell there will be more on the subject?

If you want your thinking to be challenged, take two minutes and watch it. Then let me know what you think, because I'm still trying to process what the implications are in my own life.

And, try to incorporate the word 'sans' into your vocabulary at least once this week. You'll be sans disappointment.

No comments: