I've moved!

I'm still writing; you just won't find me here any longer. If you want to keep reading my writing, head over to mollyflinkman.com. I'll keep a cup of coffee warm for you.

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

cheer.

word of the day: cheer \ˈchir\ something that gladdens

The Christmas season is upon us.

And my cup of Christmas cheer overfloweth. Yes, overfloweth.

Jake and I spent our evening last night decorating the pool house.

We set up the Christmas tree, nativity scenes, garland lights and stockings.

We hung our silver bulbs, colored bulbs, and modge-podge growing up bulbs (you know, the ones that get passed down from your tree growing up). There is no rhyme or reason to the order and the tinsel is 'sprinkled' on as large globs of silver. Literally.

It's perfect.

Ginny was especially helpful with the homemade popcorn chain this year. And by helpful, I mean she ate about as much popcorn as now hangs on our tree. What that dog won't do for some free handouts.

All that begging really does tire you out, I guess.

There's not much to say other than the fact that the Christmas season is in full force. I think it's safe to say that the snow flurries yesterday officially kicked Fall out of town. I suppose it was time.

For now, I'm perfectly content to drink warm hot chocolate and to sit on my couch listening to every rendition of "Jingle Bell Rock" imaginable.

As long as Jake's not far away with his red flannel pants.

Oh and Ginny.

No comments: