I've moved!

I'm still writing; you just won't find me here any longer. If you want to keep reading my writing, head over to mollyflinkman.com. I'll keep a cup of coffee warm for you.

Sunday, December 19, 2010

hiatus.

word of the day: hiatus \hī-ˈā-təs\ an interruption in time or continuity, especially : a period when something (as a program or activity) is suspended or interrupted

I'm baaaaack.

I recognize that it wasn't a very long hiatus. But I think it's the longest in the existence of this here blog, and it was starting to get to me. It's a strange responsibility a blog puts on you. The requirement of writing without any real requirement at all. Whatever that means.

Today is all about stream of consciousness. Because, I may be back from hiatus, but there's too much other stuff on the to do list to try to make a coherent thought. As I like to tell Jake, it's impossible to uncross my wires. But that's a blog for another day.

We visited Nate in Kansas a few weeks ago. We hadn't seen him in six months: the longest hiatus in our friendship thus far. Our lives were made complete again during the 36 hours we spent with him. I'm convinced that when he goes back to Utah he takes a little piece of us with him. It's not soul-splitting or anything, but still...

We took our Christmas card pictures last weekend. The letters and cards are stuffed ready to be mailed, but I thought a sneak preview might be nice. It's not the actual Christmas card pic, but I'm sure you'll get the idea...

In case you can't tell, Ginny has a rockin' Christmas sweater that I found at Target for $2.50. Don't judge me. You would have bought it too.

Speaking of Ginny, she has a new favorite perch lately:

We played in the snow today, Ginny and I. I couldn't resist the snowfall outside, so I tucked my sweatpants into my boots, threw on my coat, and ran around taking pictures of the ball of white fluff frolicking in the fresh snow. How's that for alliteration?

Ok, so I added snow to that one. But I promise the snow was actually falling when I took the picture.
I told you today was all about stream of consciousness. And with that, the hiatus is officially over. I can't say the same about Jake and Ginny's current game of tug-of-war:

No comments: