I've moved!

I'm still writing; you just won't find me here any longer. If you want to keep reading my writing, head over to mollyflinkman.com. I'll keep a cup of coffee warm for you.

Saturday, March 17, 2012

break.

word of the day: break \ˈbrāk\ an interruption in continuity

Jake and I have been counting down the days to Spring Break for quite some time now.  The interruption to the daily grind is a welcome change and we have been soaking up all the opportunities to do absolutely nothing.  I read the following a few days before break and it really resonated with me:
“Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time” --Bertrand Russell
If you can believe it, it's hard for me to put off work that needs to be done without feeling some measure of guilt.  Well, I'm happy to say that my school bag remains untouched and the projects I brought home to grade are still sitting in the back seat of my car. 

Spring Break is bliss and we're enjoying every second of it...


We took a break today to take a walk.  It's Jake, Ginny, and my's third walk in two days.

One of the first glimpses of Spring (besides the 80 degree weather).




Loving our neighborhood even more in the warm weather.

When you see a sign that says, "Award Winning Ice Cream", you obviously have to check it out.  This place is a great drug store, soda fountain type shop.

Mocha chocolate chip.  Delicious.  Jake enjoyed his root beer float.  Ginny was jealous.  Obvi. 

My favorite pic so far.  I can't get Jake to put down The Hunger Games! 
Just a sample of what's to come!  Writing is time I enjoy wasting, and I'm hoping to do more than usual over the next week.

No comments: