I've moved!

I'm still writing; you just won't find me here any longer. If you want to keep reading my writing, head over to mollyflinkman.com. I'll keep a cup of coffee warm for you.

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

break.

word of the day: break \ˈbrāk\ an interruption in continuity

Still loving break.  As I write this, Jake and I are sitting in our favorite coffee shop in the metro (shout out to Rich's Brew!).  Jake's school bag is on the ground behind his chair and he just announced to me that he would not be opening it until he finishes Catching Fire (the second of The Hunger Games series).  I continue to re-live the story vicariously through him and I think if I stop him to say, "What's happening now?" one more time he might have a conniption.


My school bag also sits untouched and while I have every intention of opening it at some point today, I'm relishing the fact that there's no urgency. I'll get to it when I get to it.  Until then, here's another taste of what we've been filling our time with...
Many a project on my to do list and I've made it through two of them.  I crackle painted my antique frames and made a doily print on the yellow canvas (thanks for letting me steal your idea, Laura!).  I'll get some more pictures once they're hung in their rightful places.
Above left: Nate working on his computer, Jake reading.  It seemed ironic enough to take a picture.  One of Jake's Spring Break to dos was to raise up our grill, so the smoker can fit under and we can both fit in chairs on the balcony.  It's a tight squeeze, but we can check that one off the list too. 
We also like to frequent Caribou as it is within walking distance from our apartment.  With the nice weather we've been having, Ginny joins us for the trek and then helps us make friends while we "stoop it" on their steps.  We got to spend a couple of hours with Carmen yesterday; she helped Jake vacuum, blew bubbles off our balcony, and solidified her standing as one of the cutest kids ever.  The guitar?  Spring Break is bringing about all sorts of hobbies that had long since been forgotten.
We went to Zombie Burger last night with Dave, Laura and their son Levi--great place if you've never been.  We realized that Dave and Jake turn each other to teenagers because after watching a movie with paper lanterns, they were convinced they could create their own.  Project: failed (unfortunately).  I think Dave's face on the right says it all.
Ginny let me snap this picture of her yesterday.  Seriously.  Cutest dog ever. 

It's hard to put into words how great this break is for Jake and me.  Not in a we-deserve-a-break kind of a way but in a we-needed-this-time-together kind of a way.  It simplifies things.  It leaves us with nothing else to do but be together and for that, I am very thankful. 

Now, Romeo and Juliet beckon, so into the school bag I dive.  Just a shallow dive, though.  No need to submerge myself completely...


No comments: