I've moved!

I'm still writing; you just won't find me here any longer. If you want to keep reading my writing, head over to mollyflinkman.com. I'll keep a cup of coffee warm for you.

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

speechless.

word of the day: speechless \ˈspēch-ləs\ not capable of being expressed in words



So I had a job interview.

And I thought it went really well.

And apparently so did they.

Because they decided to hire me.

So I'm going to be a 9th grade Language Arts teacher in Ankeny, Iowa next year.

No big deal.

But really, it's a pretty huge, surreal, unbelievable deal.

In fact, it's such a surreal deal, that I can't think of anything profound or meaningful to say about it.** Thus, I am officially speechless and overly thankful that God has reminded me (1) to trust in His timing and (2) to be confident of the person He has made me to be.

I am reminded of the following verses from Isaiah 55:

8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways, declares the LORD.
9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.


Isn't nice to be reminded that at the end of the day, it doesn't come down to the plans you have set for yourself? If I have learned one thing in the past two years, it is that it's not my responsibility to figure out God's thoughts and plans. He will reveal them in His timing and all I have to do is wait.

That reminds me of another verse:

Wait for the LORD;
be strong, and let your heart take courage;
wait for the LORD!
Psalm 27:14

Maybe as you read this, you feel as though God is delaying a calling He has on your life. Find peace in the fact that God does not give us gifts and talents unless He fully intends to use them for His glory. Wait patiently for His timing and He will unfold His plan for you. He continues to do just that for Jake and me, because the wait isn't over on the calls He has placed on our lives. I suppose, perhaps, the wait will never truly be over while we seek Him here on earth. . .

I would like to end this post with a picture of me in the prime of student teaching showing of my differentiation skills through the use of graphic organizers. Watch out 9th graders!



**I suppose I mis-titled this blog. Apparently I had more to say about the matter than I originally thought. Whoops.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Congratulations, Molly! Saw your fb status and am glad to have found this. You will be an awesome teacher! So excited for you and for how those 9th graders will be blessed to have you as a teacher.

greeneyedsadie said...

conagratulations Molly! also, I really enjoy your blog :-)