I've moved!

I'm still writing; you just won't find me here any longer. If you want to keep reading my writing, head over to mollyflinkman.com. I'll keep a cup of coffee warm for you.

Monday, June 14, 2010

lazy.

word of the day: lazy \ˈlā-zē\ encouraging inactivity or indolence

It is a lazy summer day.

How do I know?

Because I woke up at 7:30 only to spend an hour editing pictures of one of the most beautiful babies in the world.



Because my coffee cup is half full of cold coffee. I couldn't bring myself to walk the ten steps to the microwave to heat it up.

Because the remains of my morning oatmeal are hardening in their bowl as I type.

Because Ginny can be found in her regular perch by the window sill.



Because the sun is not shining and rain is expected at any moment.

Because my hair hasn't been done since I rolled out of bed.

Because Jake's sitting on the couch reading and drinking coffee. We especially enjoy these unexpected weekdays to spend together.

Because there are piles of laundry placed around the living room waiting for their turn in the washer.

Because I'm writing this blog post when I should be reading, cleaning, folding said laundry, etc.

Life's good today.

No comments: