I've moved!

I'm still writing; you just won't find me here any longer. If you want to keep reading my writing, head over to mollyflinkman.com. I'll keep a cup of coffee warm for you.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

summertime.

word of the day: summertime \ˈsə-mər-ˌtīm\ the summer season

Have you ever driven over a lake on a hot day and watched the boats below with envy? Envy knowing that you are driving somewhere way less fun than spending the day soaring across the water with the wind in your face? Last weekend, as I looked up at the cars crossing the bridge I was jet-skiing underneath, I couldn't help but think, "Ahh, yes, summertime is finally here." And a glorious realization that was.

Every time I think of the word "summertime" I want to say "summatime" for no apparent reason. And so, the theme of this post is summed up best by Kulay's words in his song "Summa Summatime." Take it away Kulay...

You know it's on
Everybody's feelin' kinda happy
Everybody's smilin' baby
And everyone's lookin' good




The sun is shinin'
You and I know it's a good thing
There's not a cloud up in the sky
Sunny sunny days make you feel alright
Here comes the good times
That comes with the sunshines
The vibe makes you wanna smile
And you just dont know why
It feels so good
Just watching the time fly
For miles and miles all I see is blue skies




Cuz it's summa summa summa summatime
Summatime Summatime and I'm feelin alright

A cold cerveza in my hand
To relax to the max is the master plan
Its the time of the year I love the best
Time to rest oh yeggy yes yes
The top is down, my shades are on




Everything's moving kinda slow
Everyone's struttin' what they got
Cool as the weather gets hot




Everyday feels like the weekend
Anytime is the right time
As long as we're together baby
As long as the sun shines
Bring it on bring it on




Cuz it's summa summa summa summatime
Summatime Summatime and I'm feelin' alright

Ooh Summa Summa Summatime


Thanks, Kulay. I couldn't have said it better myself.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh- this is such a happy blog. =) Love it.