I've moved!

I'm still writing; you just won't find me here any longer. If you want to keep reading my writing, head over to mollyflinkman.com. I'll keep a cup of coffee warm for you.

Sunday, April 24, 2011

delightful.

word of the day: delightful \di-līt-fəl\ highly pleasing


I happen to think that “delightful” is a highly underused word. I was thinking about it today, in fact. Why would you say anything is just plain ol’ good when you could say it is delightful?


Beats me, really. Delightful is a delightful word.

I was thinking about the word today because today really was delightful.


It smelled like Spring today. Jake and I went on a walk and the air was full of freshly cut grass and fertilizer: two signs that spring is close to being here for good.

Delightful.

My mom’s hostas are peeking through the soil in her front yard and the daffodils are blooming at our neighbor’s house.

Delightful

The sun was flat out shining today.

Delightful.

It was annual throw-your-junk-on-the-curb-for-people-to-drive-by-and-pick-up night in our town. I have vivid memories of people driving trucks already full of junk to our house on said night when I was a little kid and adding more junk to the back. Well, needless to say, Jake and I have two new lawn chairs, a ladder, a trash can, a fire pit, and a giant deck umbrella (although the latter two are for some dear friends who apparently needed somebody else’s junk too). Hey, I guess one man’s junk really is another man’s treasure.

Delightful. or something…

We had a delightful morning at church, a delightful Easter brunch with our family, and a delightfully authentic conversation following. Now if only the sun would decide to keep on shining tomorrow…

I stumbled across my last year’s Easter musings and decided that I don’t think there’s anything more to say about the matter. It’s like I always tell my kids: sometimes less is more.

So, here’s to a delightful week. May you find treasure amidst the junk.

No comments: