I've moved!

I'm still writing; you just won't find me here any longer. If you want to keep reading my writing, head over to mollyflinkman.com. I'll keep a cup of coffee warm for you.

Sunday, April 18, 2010

ginny.




word of the day: Ginny \ˈjin-ē\ The younger sister of Ron Weasley and close friend of Hermione Granger and Harry Potter. She is the youngest of the Weasley children and the only girl. Often lauded for her powerful magical ability, Ginny is also known for her feisty and stubborn demeanor, sarcastic sense of humor, and unwavering popularity. (imdb.com)

I wanted to name my dog after a character in one of my favorite books. Now, my favorite book actually is To Kill a Mockingbird. But, since all three of Jake's German shepherds were named Scout, that was out of the question. Plus, we named a fish Boo Radley last year, and Jem just didn't seem to fit. SO, I moved on to my second favorite book: Harry Potter. And, Ginny it was.

There are a few things you should know about Ginny...

1.) We rescued Ginny.

Now, I don't mean to be all dramatic about it, but really, we did. We got her on tax day at the Animal Rescue League of Iowa. She was picked up as a stray, kept at the police department for awhile, and then taken to the ARL. They guessed she's about two years old and some kind of a cockapoo mutt.

2.) Ginny follows me everywhere I go.


She must have sensed that we rescued her from her life of misery, because she follows me wherever I go. If I go upstairs, she's quick to follow. If I go to the bathroom, she follows me right in. Even last night, I took her to my parents and then ran up to the store to pick up a few things. She stood at the door whimpering until my dad finally convinced her to move.

3.) Ginny lays at my feet.

I wanted a dog that would keep me company while Jake is studying all hours of the day next year. I can already see very well that Ginny will do just that. Not only does Ginny follow me everyone I go, she also lays very close by. If I am upstairs doing my makeup, she is content to lay by my feet. Last night during dinner, you could find her right below my chair. Even right now, she's laying quietly beside me without a care in the world.

4.) Ginny does NOT like her kennel.

The only time you will EVER hear her bark is if you put her in her kennel. She whimpers, cries, and makes you feel like the worst person in the world. Is it possible for a dog to have abandonment issues? I wish she could understand me when I say, "Don't worry Ginny. I promise I'll come back for you." I don't think she gets that quite yet.

Now, I know very well that I tend to over analyze things. Just ask Jake. But, I also believe very strongly that in every situation I can learn something about God and His nature.

Ginny has painted a really clear picture of what my relationship with God should look like.

1.) He rescued me.
2.) I should follow Him wherever He leads me.
3.) I should be content to lay at His feet.
4.) I should rest in the promise that He'll never leave me no matter the situation.

Basically, Ginny is the best dog ever. You should probably come meet her as soon as you can, because I know you'll agree with me.

And you should read Harry Potter.

No comments: