I've moved!

I'm still writing; you just won't find me here any longer. If you want to keep reading my writing, head over to mollyflinkman.com. I'll keep a cup of coffee warm for you.

Friday, April 30, 2010

baby.

word of the day: baby \ˈbā-bē\

noun: an extremely young child
adjective: much smaller than the usual
transitive verb: to tend to indulge with often excessive or inappropriate care and solicitude

My friends just had a really beautiful baby. And I mean really beautiful. You should take that to mean something, too, because I don't usually think babies are anything to write home to mom about (at least at first).

I have never watched someone go through all the stages of pregnancy to birth so closely, and let me tell you, I was very blessed to witness this particular experience semi first hand.

Children are regularly referred to in the bible as blessings from God and that reality never really hit me until I realized how much God has blessed my friends already through their tiny daughter.

The Lord created life through them.

One day she was in the womb, and the next, she was in my friends' arms.

Frankly, it's hard to wrap my mind around.

Unfortunately, sometimes life stops in the womb, and I know that God loves those babies and those moms and dads just as much as he loves those whose babies are born healthy.

But through this most recent birth, I was reminded of God's great love for us. I was reminded that He hears our prayers and blesses us far beyond our wildest dreams. I was reminded of his magnificent power through His intricate creation.

It's funny how such a small baby can make you realize how big God is. I'm thankful for the picture of God's love such a tiny child could create for me. Sometimes God surprises me in small/enormous ways.

Also, technically this sentence would be grammatically correct based on the listed definitions for "baby": The new grandma babied her daughter's baby baby. Wrap your mind around THAT.

No comments: