I've moved!

I'm still writing; you just won't find me here any longer. If you want to keep reading my writing, head over to mollyflinkman.com. I'll keep a cup of coffee warm for you.

Thursday, April 15, 2010

showers.

word of the day: showers \ˈshau̇(-ə)r\ to give in abundance

It's raining today. I like the rain. Plus, I have a new Lemon Lavender Yankee Candle that is making my whole house smell like spring goodness.

The rain today made me think of this verse:

"I will send down showers in season; there will be showers of blessing." Ezekiel 34:26


Rain makes things grow.

I have a small pot of dirt on my porch. At least that's what it looked like for about two weeks. Then the other day, Jake noticed a small green piece of Basil peeking through. Thanks rain.

Rain revives things.

I have some Easter lilies in my house. I noticed one day that they were starting to get a little droopy. So, I got my green thumb out and watered them. By the next day, they had perked right up. Thanks water I poured out of my pitcher.

Rain makes mud.

That's actually the only thing I don't like about rain. There's no metaphor there.

Today I especially liked the rain because it brought to mind all the blessings God has showered me with. It was a nice reminder.

On a totally unrelated note, one of the words of the day on m-w.com is brodeo: a gathering consisting predominantly of men.

I hope that is a word we can start incorporating into our daily vocabulary.

1 comment:

nate said...

May I use brodeo for the gathering of Jake and I this weekend? If not, I still really like this post.