I've moved!

I'm still writing; you just won't find me here any longer. If you want to keep reading my writing, head over to mollyflinkman.com. I'll keep a cup of coffee warm for you.

Thursday, June 30, 2011

cast.

word of the day: cast \ˈkast\ 
verb: to cause to move or send forth by throwing
noun: a rigid casing used for immobilizing a usually diseased or broken part 

You know how I love words with multiple meanings.  Cast is a funny one because it can mean movement or it can immobilization.  Here's some real life word irony for you...

Above you see cast as a verb.  Unfortunately I don't have a great picture of Jake doing a flip on the wake-board.  He does a mean flip, and really, that's movement by throwing in its finest sense of the word.
  Have you ever noticed how sometimes when you cast something forward it doesn't land as it should?  So Jake landed his last wake-boarding flip of the season.  
 And so Jake found himself at the doctor's office so he could be immobilized for at least four weeks.

I suppose it's not all bad, though.
 Lucky for Jake, I don't do much.  So, I have officially added "doting over Jake" to my to-do list, and he is now free to cast his cares upon me as he spends the rest of his summer doing basically what you see above.

Crossing our fingers the cast comes off by Mexico!  

2 comments:

Aimee said...

Oooooh nooo! Fingers crossed for him too. =)

Blake and Casey Burgess said...

oops! at least it's during the summer when you can be home with him more!